Saturday, November 4, 2017

Non-Fiction Review: I Should Be Writing by Mur Lafferty


I Should Be Writing: A Writer's Workshop
by Mur Lafferty
160 Pages
Publisher: Rock Point

Review:  I think the best thing about Lafferty's book is that it has all the advice you need in one place.  You probably heard some or maybe even all the advice in this book at some point in your life, but Lafferty has a way of delivering it that really hits home and make you stop and think.  I especially like the chapter where she talks about writers who want to write but just feel like they don't have the time.  As an aspiring writer myself, I found this chapter especially sobering because I make this excuse all the time.  She points out that if you have time to text, watch TV, play games on your phone, etc...you have time to write.  Lafferty also goes beyond motivation to talk about characters, plot, setting,  how to edit, and different publishing methods.  Filled with tons of motivation and practical advice about getting started as a writer or pushing through to the finish line, you will not be disappointed!

*A DRC was given for an honest review.  

Rating: 💖💖💖💖

No comments:

Post a Comment